Sunday, March 14, 2010

Holy Cock, Haken's Been Troped

Wherein a certain part of my life I'd been cautioned to leave behind decides to follow me back, and I decide to play it for publicity.

Some time ago, as part of the publicity drive for Lewd Kamen Senshi Haken 1/W00, I created a digest of my first three Endless Frontier fics for the blog (not counting Metal Gear Suzuka, since that was written as Andy rather than Haken) and posted it to Fanfiction.net. It seems to go over nicely enough that fellow FFN SRW afficionado Rpgingmaster wrote me a recommendation on TV Tropes's SRW fanfic recommendations page.

Now, if you've been privy to the real-life impetus behind "Rise of the Ghost Tiger," you'll remember that the reason I'm currently Haken rather than Andy is partially due to Andy having been overzealous in his Troping and catching hell for it on Something Awful. This makes me a tad wary of unwarranted publicity for this site and the things that come directly from it, but I think I've managed to gloss over enough of the Internet Drama from that time period that I can safely give that recommendation my go-ahead.

That said, those of you new to the /m/erotica crowd may be wondering what order the newer fics need to be read in, given I've reinforced the TV Tropes entry with a statement that they aren't 100% in order. Thus, here's a breakdown of the expanded (but apparently far from complete) Tales of Endless Perversion, in the order they're intended to be read:

Metal Gear Suzuka - Andy Waltfeld's de facto swan song. Not particularly canon to anything else, and more an exercise in being silly than sexy, but enough callbacks to "W00-RAISER" pop up that it'd be good to keep in mind.

FORCED ELATION and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sheets - Inspired by a single Rule 63 pic along with some peril fantasies stoked by discussion of Blue Submarine no.6 on /m/. Though not originally intended to take place simultaneously, the latter made such a good Side B to the former that I decided to run with it.

Passion Gauge 100% - Denouement to the above, and probably the first /m/erotica work where I really poured my soul into the writing process. Ends on a silly enough note to jump into LKSH1/W00, but still feels a little OOC for me, even despite Rpgingmaster's positive remarks.

Mama Will Fix It - Wrote this to break out of the slump I hit following my failed attempt to write fapfic for SRWQ. Sort of patches up the characterization lapses for Passion Gauge 100%, but still too far on the self-indulgent side to stand on its own.

Dairy Farm Raid - First fic written on my true second wind. The hints at Kaguya's farm dream are a direct callback to Rpgingmaster's "Night Time".

Witching Hour - Takes place right after Dairy Farm Raid. Kyon and Henne's "debriefing" is a direct callback to Linux Black Sarena's previous untitled Kyon/Henne fic.

Got Milk? - Takes place a couple days after the above two. The involvement of Ui Nanbu's spirit was something that was thrown in mid-draft, and "Excellen's Peace" is something I'll be able to elaborate upon once I get the chance to write more OG fic.

Error 00x07 - Inspired by Shotius Maximus joining the staff. /m/ was already growing amenable to the idea of some sort of shota romance between Haken and Aschen (thanks to several Anons making callbacks to /m/erotica works during EXCEED discussion threads); I threw in bits and pieces of personal desire to keep it surprising.

Overdrive All - Intended as the end chapter between the playable character-centric fapfic and LKSH1/W00. Suzuka finally getting a piece of Haken is the key point here; the group dynamic would've been thrown out of whack further beyond if she was the only one not in the anti-harem.

Daedalus Maneuver - Sequel to Witching Hour. Not particularly connected to anything, but still delicious Kyon/Henne fluff.

ONE FINAL NOTE: All of the above is considered a separate canon from Endless Frontier EXCEED, by dint of LBS wrote that one fic where Cardia fell into the OGverse and became Ryusei's maid instead of dying like a chump. I'll make a handy chart or three later that shows where /m/erotica and various other /m/ creations branch off from Super Robot Wars canon.

No comments:

Post a Comment